Commercial Fire Preparation
Most Hopedale, MA business owners have a business plan in place. Goals are identified, metrics for achieving those goals are established and the procedures for running the day-to-day operations are set. The most common component missing from even the most comprehensive business plan, disaster recovery!
No matter what type of business you conduct at your workplace fire safety should always be a main concern. Here are a few fire safety tips to follow and distribute to your employees.
- Keep your work area free of waste paper, trash and other items that can easily catch fire
- Replace damaged electrical cords immediately
- Do not to lay electrical cords in places where they can be stepped on or tripped over
- Don't overload your circuits
- Turn off electrical appliances at the end of each day
- Keep heat-producing equipment away from anything that might burn
In The Event Of A Fire
- Call 911 immediately
- Close doors when exiting to help limit the spread of smoke and fire throughout the building
- Never use elevators during an evacuation
- Follow the escape plan and meet at a pre-determined place outside of your building and away from danger
- Conduct a headcount to ensure all of your staff has evacuated
The best way to ensure the safety of your employees is through both fire prevention and preparation. Holding regular disaster preparedness meetings is a great way to do so.