Commercial Remediation Experts
Winter is here and our good old fashioned New England weather is finally upon us! The bitter cold and winter storms can have a huge impact on your Milford, Ma business. Frigid temperatures, heavy snow and ice can all contribute to property damage. Whether you are ready for it or not, SERVPRO of Natick/Milford wants you and your property to be prepared for the harsh winter weather in New England.
While you cannot control the weather, you can make efforts to be prepared and protect your property. To help avoid damages due to inclement winter weather conditions, consider taking the following precautions to protect your business before more extreme winter weather hits.
Protect your Property:
- Check your roof: Both snow and ice can damage your roof and could potentially cause the roof to collapse. Water can also get into cracks and expand when it freezes, causing larger cracks on your roof.
- Ensure your pipes are insulated: Frigid temperatures can cause pipes to freeze and break, which can lead to flooding in your business.
- Protect your people: Clear sidewalks and plow parking lots for the safety of your customers, clients and employees. Avoid injuries and accidents by taking the proper precautions. Removing snow and ice can prevent people from getting hurt.
- Ice Dams: When snow melts unevenly and freezes at the edge of your roof, an ice dam is created which prevents melted snow from draining off the roof. The water can leak under the shingle and into your business, causing significant water damage.
- Snow-melt Flooding: Heavy amounts of snowfall and sheets of ice turn into a large amount of water, which all must go somewhere. Beware of snow-melt flooding and call SERVPRO of Natick/Milford if your business has water damage from flooding.
Should disaster strike your business contact the experts of SERVPRO of Natick/Milford at (774) 290-4300! We will make it, "Like it never even happened."